What should you do when your Milwaukee home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family members – against the many risks you could experience, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Milwaukee home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is often jarring, bewildering, and could incite panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and follow these straightforward suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Milwaukee Triggers
It’s a situation no one wants to be in, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the telltale sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. Now what should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency yourself and let your monitoring professionals and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your family. Your primary concern should be your family members and getting them out of danger. In the case of a intrusion, this might mean proceeding to a designated secure area as far from access points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm may have frightened away the intruder, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, you ought to leave your house immediately.
- Grab your phone. These days, almost all homeowners have their smartphones with them always, but you could fail to pick it up during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and receive updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Milwaukee goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The guideline they abide by is dependent on the kind of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is triggered, one effort will be made to reach you before first responders are dispatched. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most common type of event - a monitoring specialist will adhere to these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the central command panel. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt isn’t successful, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, nearby police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again once the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not in a position to communicate with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Support will still be sent even if you're unable to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Milwaukee
Stay ready for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Milwaukee from Vivint. Dial (414) 409-5889 to start designing your home’s defense today.