Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Milwaukee
If you purchased your first home or you’re approaching the date of closing, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for you and yours. You might be pondering the ways you should individualize your house with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you get too far, make sure you consider home security too. Keeping those you care about shielded from harm should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with these safety tips for new homeowners in Milwaukee.
Conduct a safety audit of your new Milwaukee property
Now that you’re thinking about safety, see what your new home already has. First, ensure you have operational smoke detectors. Test all of them and change batteries if needed. Are CO detectors on site? Do you need a water sensor downstairs? This is also a perfect time to replace door locks and check all locks on windows. Go through each room and get familiar with your property.
Smart security tips for your Milwaukee home
Once you’ve completed your opening inspection of safety alarms and locks, you may consider enhancing your protection. Get started with these security tips for your home in Milwaukee.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the best tools for new homeowners in Milwaukee is a home security system. The latest in wireless technology lets you keep a close watch on your home even when you’re away. You can scan live video footage, operate locking systems, and even talk to people on your front steps directly from your cell phone. You can personalize your defense with amazing security features like surveillance cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Modernize your exterior lighting. Exterior lights with motion sensors are a great way to deter possible invaders. You can even incorporate them with video cameras. When a motion detector is set off, it can tell your surveillance to record.
- Take care of your yard. Are you able to easily see all of your property from the interior? Are there overgrown shrubs and trees impeeding the view? Remove possible spots to hide by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will appreciate it also.
- Get to know folks in your community. Talking about your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friends with people around you, there’s a greater chance they’ll let you know if they detect suspicious behavior. You might also connect to your neighborhood’s social media page if one is available.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an advanced smart home, you can make it appear like you’re home by illuminating smart lighting at predetermined times. This is a fantastic option when you’re at work or on vacation.