How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Milwaukee smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete charge of your Milwaukee home’s security and automation. See what it can do and check out recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Milwaukee do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even chat with visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform:
- Review live or saved video from any connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Milwaukee by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The main screen will display a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you may still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Milwaukee
Although various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and provide the information to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Milwaukee home security system. Contact (414) 409-5889 to learn more.