Online purchasing and daily shipments have become commonplace for countless people. You love the benefit of having packages dropped right at your main entry, but there is a drawback. Those parcels on your doorstep are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a real issue, but you have the chance to do something about it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to combat package theft, but they provide so much more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why they’re sure to become an essential part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Milwaukee video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer an array of innovative features, and the technology keeps progressing. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, talk to people in front of your door, and obtain immediate alerts whenever something arrives.
The best way to understand how a Milwaukee video doorbell camera works is to explore the many benefits it can provide. Take a look at the following features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with visual and audible warnings. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your door and boxes on the walkway below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Crystal-clear images any time of day: What’s the point of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and difficult to see? The best models will give you amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You are able to receive automatic alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to inquire about their purpose for being there. You can even take advantage of this beneficial feature to frighten off people loitering around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will help you reduce false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the option to access real-time and saved video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even let you speak with the individual at your door. They’ve turned into difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.